This blog has moved to http://jonsinden.com/

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Donger Needs a Drink

I was a big fan of John Hughes films. I think The Breakfast Club had the most influence on me. The dissection of the cliques, the principal, the janitor, detention, and the common bond of having parents who just didn't 'get' it. Who can ever forget the final scene: the Dear Mr Vernon letter & Simple Minds. Powerful stuff.

I also loved Ferris. I wanted to be him, or at least hang out with him. We all knew a 'Cameron'. Maybe you were Cameron? We all still laugh when someone says 'Abe Froman, The Sausage King of Chicago'.

There are many other Hughes flicks that had an impact on me and they probably had an impact on you too. The work lives on... so go and rent something... and enjoy.

cheers for reading.
js

No comments:

Post a Comment